Dara Singh Randhawa: Whatsapp friend, here we will highlight an Indian star of his performance and which has become famous all over the country. Here we are talking about Dara Singh Randhawa (also known as Pahalwan, Hanuman, Dara Singh). Dara Singh Randhawa is an Indian wrestler, film actor, television actor, politician, filmmaker, film director and writer who has been a part of many television daily serials and Bollywood films. He started acting in Hindi films in 1962 and was a very popular TV actor during the 1980s – 1990s.
The Ramayana was aired on Doordarshan Channel (DD National) during 1987–1988. In which his role as Hanuman gained him a lot of popularity. The concept of Hindu mythology in the Ramayana was introduced in Hindu television. Dara Singh Randhawa was well received and liked by the audience for his role of Hanuman. This Ramayana gained so much popularity that channels like Zee TV, Star Plus and Star Utsav also aired this Ramayana on their channels.
The remake of the Ramayana series was re-presented by Sagar Arts and aired on NDTV Imagine in 2008. The serial was brought to the small screen by Sagar Art Enterprises.
Now in 2020, the Ramayana serial is airing again on Doordarshan channel (aka DD National or DD1).
Dara Singh Profile
|Full Name||Dara Singh Randhawa|
|Other Name||Dara, Pahalwan, Hanuman, Dara Singh|
|Profession||Wrestler, Actor, Director, Producer, Politician|
|Born||November 19, 1928|
|Birth Place||Ratangarh Village, Gurdaspur District, Punjab, India|
|Home Town||Dharma Chak Village, Amritsar, Punjab Province, British India|
|Death Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||6 feet 2 Inch|
Dara Singh Randhawa Family
Dara Singh Randhawa was born on 19 November 1928 in the city of Ratangarh Village, Gurdaspur District, Punjab. Dara Singh Randhawa Ji’s father’s name was Surat Singh Randhawa. Every year he also played the character of Hanuman in Ramlila. Dara Singh was more interested in acting. Dara Singh Randhawa married First Wife is Bachno Kaur (Divorced) and Second Wife is Surjit Kaur Aulakh.
|Father||Surat Singh Randhawa|
|Mother||Balwant Kaur Randhawa|
|Brother||Sardara Singh Randhawa|
|Wife/ Spouse||First Wife- Bachno Kaur (Divorced)
Second Wife- Surjit Kaur Aulakh
|Marriage Date||Bachno Kaur (1937)
Surjit Kaur (11 May 1961)
|Son||Parduman Randhawa (Bachno Kaur)
Virender Singh Randhawa (Surjit Kaur)
Amrik Singh Randhawa (Surjit Kaur)
|Daughter||Deepa Singh (from Surjit Kaur)
Kamal Singh (from Surjit Kaur)
Loveleen Singh (from Surjit Kaur)
|Height (CM)||188 cm|
|Height (Meter)||1.88 m|
|Height (Feet)||6’ 2”|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
Dara Singh Death Information
|Death Date||12 July 2012|
|Death Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Best Role||Ramayan (Lakshman)|
|Food||Saag and Lassi|
Some Interesting Facts
- Dara Singh Randhawa is said to be the iron man of Indian cinema.
- In 1952 he made his debut as a Charlotte Strette classic called Jane Eyre, also known as Sangdil, starring Dilip Kumar, Madhubala, and Leela Chitnis.
- Dara Singh Randhawa was most famous worldwide for his wrestling success. India was represented by Dara Singh, as an Indian wrestler at the World Championships. Dara Singh has the honour of being inducted into the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame, Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame since 1996.
- He was the first player to be nominated to the Rajya Sabha of India in 1952. Dara Singh Randhawa was also nominated as a Rajya Sabha member by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from August 2003 to 2009.
- Dara Singh Randhawa passed away after cardiac arrest at his residence in Mumbai. This day is known as “The Original Muscle Man of Bollywood”.
|Debut||Wrestling – 1948
Bollywood Film – Sangdil (1952)
Tamil Film – Engal Selvi (1960)
Punjabi Film – Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar (1970)
Malayalam Film – Mutharamkunnu P.O. (1985)
Telugu – Auto Driver (1998)
TV – Ramayan (1986)
Director – Nanak Dukhiya Sub Sansar (1970)
Producer – Bhakti Mein Shakti (1978)
|Best Movie||Ironman (1964), Mera Naam Joker (1970), Hum Sab Chor Hain (1973), Mard (1985), and Jab We Met (2007)|
|Best Role||Ramayan (Hanuman)|
|Best Movie||Baharon Ke Manzil (1991)|